Update on 11 Oct 23 - AGM 23 has taken place successfully on Fri 6 Oct as a hybrid meeting offering virtual attendance. You can still read the meeting papers below. Maj Gen (Retd) Albert Whitley, Brig (Retd) Steve Hodder and Lt Col Charlie Battey were elected as trustees, Lt Col Tim Ives as VCdre (also an ex-officio trustee) and Brig (Retd) Ian Caws as Hon Treasurer. Minutes are being drafted and should be available in the New Year prior to acceptance at AGM 24.
Page updated on 5 Oct to include Item 6a - Cdre's Report. Item 7 - Finance will be briefed verbally at the AGM.
Page updated on 26 Sep: Item 4(1) has been revised and a footnote added to correct the record of correspondence following AGM 22.
Page updated on 21 Sep 23:
- - Update of Item 5 Election Material document to include Lt Col Ives' CV.
- - New document Item 4(1) - a BoT/MC Statement on Chatham, introducing Agenda Item 4 and new document Item 4(2).
- - New document Item 4(2) - a REYC Chatham Statement for AGM 23.
Page re-published on 13 Sep 23 to formally confirm AGM 23, including all Constitutionally-required information. Any other forecast supporting papers not yet published will be uploaded as soon as they are available and changes flagged above. It is possible that paper(s) will be offered in respect of Item 4 concerning Chatham - any such papers will be uploaded as soon as they are approved.
In accordance with our Constitution (Para 11(3)), notice is given of the 2023 REYC Annual General Meeting.
The meeting will take place at 1530 on Fri 23 Sep at the Hornet Services Sailing Club, Haslar Road, Gosport, Hampshire PO12 2AQ. It is expected to finish by 1800 in time for the Annual Dinner.
The following supporting documents can be downloaded from the bottom of this page:
- Proxy Registration Form
- Agenda AGM 23 and Resolutions*
- Item 2a - Draft Minutes of AGM 22
- Item 2b - Matters Arising Report
- Item 3a - 2023 Board Report
- Item 3b - 2022 Trustees' Annual Report and Financial Statement*
- Item 3c - Draft Updated Club Rules (incl further updates on financial management)
- Item 4(1) - Chatham Update (BoT/MC statement)
- Item 4(2) - REYC Chatham Statement
- Item 5 - Election Material* (Vote by SCM Polling, not in meeting)
- Item 6a - Cdre Report
- Item 6b - Inshore Report
- Item 6c - Offshore Report
- Item 6d - Regions Report
- Item 6e - Hon Secretary Report (incl Membership stats)
- Item 7 - VCdre/Hon Treasurer Finance Report (to follow)
Documents marked with an asterisk are those specifically required by the Constitution. All members are urged to read all the supporting documents to be informed about Club activity and governance, in particular before the AGM if attending. AGM speakers will assume supporting papers will have been read in order to allow maximum time for questions and discussion. Hard copy of papers will NOT be available at the venue on the day.
Members are invited to attend, though only full members may vote. Please note that the election of Club Officers and Trustees will have already taken place before the AGM using the Sailing Club Manager Polling Function, though the results will be declared at the AGM. Please action the downloadable Voting Instructions included with Item 5 Election Material by 2359 on Sun 1 Oct if you wish to vote. The poll can be accessed through the Governance/Polling page.
In order help planning and to ease registration on arrival, members intending to attend should pre-register whilst logged on to their Sailing Club Manager account by signing up to the Calendar/Event "2023 Annual General Meeting". Pre-registration for the AGM is requested as soon as possible, and by COP Mon 2 Oct.
Virtual attendance with participation for those unable to attend in person will be offered through Microsoft Teams if pre-registered through the SCM Event booking process. This will require members to provide their own suitable access to the internet and a web browser. The Club cannot guarantee technical connections; therefore, members for whom participation is important should plan to attend in person. An email link to access the meeting will be sent to pre-registered virtual attendees by COP Thu 5 Oct.
Full members unable to attend may appoint a proxy by completing and returning the downloadable proxy notice to the Board Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dress for the AGM should be smart casual and collar and tie for the Dinner. Car parking will be available on site (please include car make, model, colour and registration number in your pre-registration booking if possible). No service accommodation is expected to be available. Hotel capacity within walking distance is limited, but greater quality or value exists a short drive away, eg Premier Inn, Travelodge etc.
- REYC Proxy Notice 2023.docx
- REYC AGM 23 Agenda v1pt0 Final.pdf
- Item 2a - REYC AGM 22 Draft Minutes V0pt5 BoT Noted.pdf
- Item 2b - 20230904 AGM 22 Matters Arising Report for AGM 23.pdf
- Item 3a - AGM 2023 Board Report v1.0.pdf
- Item 3b - REYC Trustees Annual Report and Financial Statements 2022 - approved.pdf
- Item 3c - Planned REYC Rules Update to V3 2023 Version.pdf
- Item 4 (1) Board of Trustees and Main Committee Statement on Chatham Branch revised.pdf
- Item 4(2) - REYC Chatham Statement For AGM 23.pdf
- Item 5 - 2023 REYC Elections - Voting Instruction and CVs - Updated.pdf
- Item 6a - 2023 Cdre Report.pdf
- Item 6b - 2023 Inshore Report.pdf
- Item 6c - 2023 Offshore Report.pdf
- Item 6d - 2023 Regions Report.pdf
- Item 6e - 2023 Hon Sec Report.pdf
Last updated 17:11 on 20 November 2023